When millions of dollars are on the line, mistakes are simply unacceptable. While today’s high-end real estate market is not only recovering but thriving, there are still crucial steps that need to be taken to ensure a successful luxury home sale. To avoid the most common missteps, here are the top 5 mistakes that luxury home sellers make.
- Overpricing: One of the easiest mistakes to make is setting a listing price that is too high; be sure you and your listing agent do the research to ensure the right price.
- Disregarding Inspection: Don’t assume that a professional inspection is unnecessary. It’s better to find minor repairs now than during a showing when it can forfeit integrity.
- Weak Marketing: It is crucial to market your home to all potential buyers worldwide, and this requires building an extensive marketing strategy that includes social media and holding an open house event (if not multiple).
- Thoughtless Staging: Luxury homes should be presented in the best possible light possible, even if this requires full redecorating as it could make or break a potential buyer’s impression.
- Assuming Qualification: Do not take a buyer seriously until they have showed you documents that prove buying power or mortgage qualification.
Sellers looking for a real estate company that specializes in global, multi-million dollar home sales can contact Hurwitz James Company in Beverley Hills at 888-681-5902.